Sunday, August 23, 2009

4pi-con

So I just got back from 4 pi-con (I got to be a panelist which was awsome) and I was on the "Not all Vampires Sparkle" panel, so, of course, I got some new ideas for my vampires (I also got to meet Innana Arthen which was really awsome)
the people are governed by fear. They respect the vampires but they are absolutely terrified of them
I need to figure out what the book (if I wrote it) would actually be about
Anything is a vampire as long as its a parasitic consumer (mine just drink blood for now, more on this later)
There has to be a defining enemy
and another more important one that I'll put in another post

1 comment:

  1. For some crazy vampires, check out Peter Watts' book "Blindsight". Space vampires! Sorta. And the book in general is excellent big-idea scifi.

    ReplyDelete