Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley

ok, so I'm reading a new vampire book called "Sucks to be me" by Kimberly Pauley. It's about a teenage girl (of course -_-) both of whom's parents are vampires. She needs to decide whether or not she wants to be a vampire, and to do that the vampire counsel is sending her to a month of lessons about vampires (more on this later). 
At one lesson, the teacher starts telling them more about how vampires can catch human diseases (more on this later), and how they should be careful with where the blood they drink comes from (more on this later). At one point she says "And I don't want to hear about any Elizabeth Bathory copy-cats. Let me just say, once and for al, that bathing in blood has no effect whatsoever (more on this later) and will not sate your hunger (more on this later AGAIN ;-.-)." The main character then turns to the boy sitting next to her and asks who Elizabeth Bathory is. He says "Romanian Countess from the 1500s. She like to kill her chambermaids and bathe in their blood. Thought it made her look younger."
I found this very interesting, so I looked her up. Once again, I'll write more on her later, but for now, just quickly:
The main charecter of my "story," the true ancient, is the decent of Elizabeth Bathory (as I said, more on this later).

No comments:

Post a Comment