Wednesday, July 8, 2009

How all this backstory ties into today

somebody made an excellent point to me. She said "is your story you will never write all about the ancients and there lives and how the have interacted for forever? Or is that background tto a modern day urban fantasy of interaction between human and vampire worlds?" So, just to make it clear and such, if i ever write this book (which I doubt), it would be set in modern day. In Rome. If you read some of my early posts, I talk about the main character working in a hospital and a vampire turning her into a different kind of vampire and then she goes back in time and turns Romulus into a vampire. That is what my book would be about. Her going back in time to create the first vampire, and all of her other time adventures, and about the ancients being evil and trying to kill her becuase she's more powerful then them but at the same time with many vampires worshipping her. That is what my book would be about, a lot of the background stuff is just to kind of figure out the characters of the ancients and the council and everything so that if I do write this book I know how the characters would react to, well, everything. edit: sorry, my mistake, yes she does go back to change the ancients (the ancients changed all of the other vampires), but Romulus is still kind of the head of the ancients becuase he was the one that got everything organized.

2 comments:

  1. So this is very interesting. I suspect it would be complicated to write what with travelling back in time and keeping all the interactions straight and in order. I'm curious - does she also go back in time to change Sun Tzu (before Romulus) and the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Can you erase that, please? I just checked and Romulus was from the 700's BCE. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete